20000-25000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Salary: £20k – £25k
A local manufacturing company are now looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their team.
Purchasing Assistant – Responsibilities:
- Daily check to MRP requirements and order statuses to ensure delivery dates are achieved
- Updating Order delivery date to accurately reflect confirmed delivery date.
- Accurately and timely maintaining process and control data information in the system. No escalations. Quick reaction for requests.
- Active participation in team projects and process improvements
- Order processing, timely follow up of incoming material, delivery coordination with warehouse, co-ordination with A/c for payment issues
- Regular coordination with internal clients keeping them updated with status of pending orders
- Report savings/cost avoidance according to KPI’s for particular team/position.
- Liaison with finance, sales, warehouse, logistics & other internal teams
Purchasing Assistant – Person requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the engineering or manufacturing industry as a Purchasing Assistant. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Experience with SAGE50 would be desirable
- Solid knowledge of purchasing processes
- Experience in an Administration role within a Purchasing team
- Business acumen.
- Communication and team-working skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.