20000-23000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
7 months ago
My client is a well-established manufacturer and are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their team and support the Purchasing Manager.
Purchasing Assistant – Job Role:
- Place purchase orders with Suppliers
- Chase outstanding PO’s & update delivery dates
- Report supply risks against production plan
- Work in line with the purchasing strategy to optimise inventory levels.
- Interact with all departments to resolve issues related to procurement involving manufacturing, customer services and accounting.
- Take part in stock taking activities.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Manager and Production Team to drive improvements to business processes in all areas of planning & procurement.
Purchasing Assistant – Person Requirements:
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Demonstrating a Can-Do attitude
- Knowledge of manufacturing production and processes
- Thorough attention to detail
- Ability to establish and develop relationships with internal and external sources
- Analytical thinking skills
- Ability to be flexible and open to changes
- An ability to determine upcoming trends