0161 976 3540
over 2 years ago
Salary: £50k - £60k
(3-month contract with a view to going perm)
A large manufacturing company are looking for a purchasing manager to help with the initial focus on procurement of metal parts, starting with steel fabrications from UK suppliers. Then progressing on to other items such as pressed and cast/machined metal components.
Purchasing Manager – Overview:
This is a brand-new position working for a company who are rapidly expanding. The company require a strategic purchasing manager to review the whole of the purchasing and supply chain function, review and update the purchasing policies and procedures. Review the current suppliers and look to reduce costs and efficiency.
Purchasing Manager - Responsibilities would include:
- Appraisal of the last 1-2 years of purchasing to understand what we buy, how we have been buying it and what (if any) patterns are there in the pricing we obtain.
- Develop the key performance criteria for suppliers (e.g. speed and reliability of response in quoting and delivery, quality control and documentation, pricing, T&Cs etc etc)
- Develop an approved supplier model and then appraise / approve existing suppliers and/or find newer/better ones.
- Establish / improve pricing mechanisms and internal processes to protect and improve our margin when we are pricing projects and dealing with changes.
- Implement and initially administer a monitoring system for supplier performance.
- Make recommendations of how we can improve our supply chain and procurement.
Purchasing Manager – Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing/steel fabrication industry as Purchasing Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications, and experience:
- Member of CIPS
- Ideally hold a purchasing qualification or Degree in an engineering related field
- Experience with ERP or MRP systems.
- Previous experience working in Metal fabrication.