45000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
10 months ago
Salary: Circa £45k
A local engineering company are now looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team.
Purchasing Manager - MAIN PURPOSE
To manage Suppliers, people and processes involved in ensuring that supplies of finished product, raw material and services are maintained in a manner that supports the business requirements for cost, service, quality, safety and environmental levels.
Purchasing Manager – Job Role:
- Manage existing Raw Material and Service providers to the business to ensure consistency of supply which underpins Production & subsequent customer demand levels.
- Build Relationships with key suppliers whilst constantly ‘bench marking’ to ensure the company benefit from the most competitive industry prices which underpins the companies position as UK Market Leader.
- Managing Suppliers through the full Supply Chain including:
- Sourcing/Tenders / Evaluation / recommendations
- Demand Forecasting
- Raw Materials Stock Management
- Day to Day Material Supply – Cost / Availability / Quality
- Supplier Sustainability / Risk Management / Ethical issues / Supporting commitment to ESG
- Develop a clear Procurement strategy which underpins future Manufacturing aspirations.
- Focused primarily on UK Performance the role will also integrate with similar activity across sister sites to ensure full leverage is gained from ‘group’ supply where materials / components are common.
- Prepare reports/presentations on market & future price trends with potential business impacts – with recommendations as appropriate.
- Analyse data and produce reports and statistics on spending/ saving/investment benefits.
- Actively contribute to the established S&OP process which leads to various models (Stock & Build) in forecasting future sales demand and subsequent supply.
- Actively contribute to the supply of Factored products which form an intrinsic part of the portfolio and are currently sourced across Europe & Turkey.
- Authorise & Validate Invoices / Price Changes across all suppliers.
- Organise Audits /Stock Counts & material for independent bodies.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary to support this key position.
Purchasing Manager – Person requirements:
- The ideal candidate will come from an engineering background as a Purchasing Manager. You will also have the following skills qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing, supply chain management or similar such as CIPS Qualification or Membership
- Engineering supply chain and/or procurement experience with the ability to add significant value to the UK Supply Chain and with the potential to develop further within the business.
- Resilient, charismatic leader with strong people management skills.
- Highly numerate.
- Strong IT skills including SAP and ERP systems.