30000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
9 months ago
My client is a large manufacturing business that is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team. The right candidate must have experience in a comparable industry.
Purchasing Manager – Job Role:
- Participates in the review of vendor and customer contracts by outlining requirements and considerations. Identifies/negotiates cost savings
- Reviews materials related data analyses. Ensures accuracy of inventory through team management
- Directs the activities of supply chain staff and is responsible for planning, budgeting, and maintaining costs for a broad functional area
- Drives supply chain management strategies to deliver
- Knowledge of supply bases for both EMEA, LATAM, and Asia for Furniture components
- A full end to end understanding of the process for ERP/MRP
- Experience of managing the whole process of material supply essential
- Participates with other senior managers in establishing corporate strategic plans and objectives.
- Drives supply chain management strategies to deliver customer requirements and maintain MDK’s financial competitiveness.
- Coach, mentor and develop team to exceed department KPIs.
- Ensure optimum stock holding to exceed KPI goals.
- Responsible for margin enhancement through strategic purchasing and supplier relationship management.
- Develop the front end of purchasing to be agile, tactical and deliver cost savings through supply chain diversification.
- Develop and implement supply chain risk assessment and management.
- Dynamically negotiate supplier costs and enable more competitive pricing.
- Ensure new and current suppliers are introduced, approved and certified effectively
- Ensure orders to suppliers enable shipments to us on time and in full.
- Ensure freight partners deliver a cost effective and timely service.
- Analysis of data to ensure efficient stocking policies that deliver commercial benefits
- Analysis of reporting metrics to manage the external supply base.
- Support the introduction of new products from existing and new suppliers.
- Develop and leverage lean principles and digital solutions to continuously improve departmental efficiencies.
- As an advocate of change, to perform other reasonable duties that may be required by the company.
Purchasing Manager – Person Requirements:
- Hands on with managing strategic suppliers
- Strong analytical skills; able to draw conclusions and manage actions
- Good communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Astute commercial acumen and strong negotiating skills
- 3 years + management experience
- 5 years of supply chain and supplier management
- Delivering cost savings and supply chain diversification
- Demonstrated success in change leadership with empathy
- Comfortable and competent with ERP platforms
- Lean Management Tools, including Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events.
- Six Sigma Proficient, Green or Black Belt is desirable but not essential