40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
4 months ago
Salary: Circa £40k
My client is a large manufacturer that is looking to recruit a Purchasing Manager to join their team. They will be involved in sourcing, negotiating, and buying of goods, materials, and services to meet the Company’s operational requirements.
Purchasing Manager – Job Role:
- Working with designated machinery/ equipment / tools provided by the company
- Checking the quality of all goods received before working on them and handing unsatisfactory goods back to previous department
- Responsibility for quality will remain with you until signed off and handed on via computerised records
- Reporting of any problem that will affect performance i.e. machinery breakdown, defective assemblies and reporting through problem reporting software.
- Responsible for looking after all company tools & machinery
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules.
- Build, maintain, and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures and guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers.
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance.
Purchasing Manager – Person Requirements:
- Previous experience in purchasing
- Proven ability to design, develop and deliver a purchasing strategy
- Proven ability to deliver cost saving initiatives
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Excel
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills
- CIPS qualification (Preferred)