50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 2 months ago
Salary: Circa £50k
Purchasing Manager – Job Role:
- Manage and control all of the company’s suppliers with particular emphasis on the purchase of materials and equipment, cost and reliability.
- Sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors.
- Lead, manage and supervise the purchasing team.
- Ensure materials and equipment are bought at the most competitive price and delivered within the correct and required time frame.
- Establish relationships with new and existing key suppliers that are crucial to the company’s needs together with agreeing terms where appropriate including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Continually seek to improve Purchasing methods and drive down spend, highlight failings to suppliers and manufacturers to retain requisite performance at all times.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to overcome any product issue in the shortest possible time period and find alternative products and suppliers if required.
- Carry out and review purchasing function and systems, identify and implement improvements.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies along with requisite negotiation, ensuring all deals closed are based on optimal commercial terms.
- Track and report on key functional metrics/KPI’s in line with objectives.
- Reduce costs at all times and improve effectiveness of buying strategies.
- Take full responsibility for procurement cost saving budget.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements are documented along with relevant business case.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier relationships.
- Ensure all products are entered into purchasing system and update as and when required.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking.
- Supplier and contract management to assess and mitigate all risks associated with Purchasing.
- Seek to achieve best practice at all times within the Purchasing and buying remit.
- Managing the companies FSC compliance and packaging waste regulations as well as working within our ISO 9001 standard.
Purchasing Manager – Person Requirements:
- Proven working experience as Buyer, Senior Buyer or Purchasing Manager.
- Ambitious and driven nature with desire to take accountability.
- Strong Commercial awareness and excellent negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense.
- Working experience of vendor management software with the ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills and strong leadership capabilities.
- Formal qualification in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Occasional travel and over night stays will be required.