30000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
11 months ago
Location Information - Shropshire
Salary Circa £32k
A local manufacturer is now looking for an experienced Assembly Quality Engineer to join their team. Our hours of work are 39 hours per week (Monday to Thursday - 8.00 am to 5.15 pm and Friday 8.00 am to 12.00 noon).
Quality Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Manage, develop & control measurement systems.
- Assist in the testing of component
- Writing and updating material specifications
- Undertake investigation of quality problems (product, system, process etc)
- To assist with the NPD team to bring about the RFT manufacture of new products to the factory
- Supervising engineers within this area of Quality
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, manufacturing and subcontractors on all quality issues.
- 8D report writing
- FMEA and control plan support
Quality Engineer - Qualifications
- Qualified to HND/HNC Mechanical Engineering level or equivalent.
- Has worked previously in a Quality department
- Supervisory experience
- Recognised qualification in Quality or associated subject
- ISO9001 Auditor Experience
- Be familiar with quality assurance principles and practices (e.g. SPC, FMEA, Poke Yoke, MSA, Control Plans, Process Auditing, problem solving techniques, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of engineering drawings and GDT principles
- Preferably has knowledge of heat treatment and hardness testing.
Quality Engineer - Benefits:
- Opportunity to have two bonuses per year, subject to an appraisal and the performance of the Company.
- Holiday - 31 days (8 bank holidays, plus 23 annual days). This will rise to an extra 2 annual days holiday after 3 complete holiday years of service and a further one day after 5 complete holiday years of service).
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance - 4 x annual salary
- Car parking
- Cash Healthcare Plan
- Subsidized canteen on site
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540. LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.