60000-70000 Per Annum
over 2 years ago
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Circa £60k - £70k Depending upon experience plus excellent benefits
A large commercial vehicle manufacturing company are now looking for an Quality Manager to join their team.
Quality Manager – Overview
- To strategically and operationally develop, maintain and support the company’s quality management systems, including associated documentation, procedures, product & process quality standards/ adherence, supplier quality assurance, equipment and facilities;
- Application of standardised problem resolution tools, to achieve adherence to specification and structured quality management of new parts and new issue levels into production;
- Structured standardised problem-solving skills in a team environment, including 8D methology;
- Implement and sustain Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP);
- Close out facilitation of external / internal quality issues with robust structured factual investigations, root cause analysis, effective containment, and corrective action / prevention implementation;
- Internal / External compliance with defined industry and business-related quality standards;
- Audit, maintain and further develop the companies BS EN ISO9001 certification, manuals and procedures;
- Senior management reporting of the primary quality performance measures / indicators / trends, and their continuous improvement;
- Supplier Quality Assurance auditing and development programs. Support development of quality standard specifications for Suppliers and coordinate / track / approve application of efficient root cause analysis and prevention techniques. New product / part introduction;
- Structured and controlled comprehensive testing of all products prior to dispatch, with lead support in facilitating ongoing prevention of no fault forward into testing;
- Customer concerns formally investigated, contained and corrected / prevented;
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation’s overall business objectives, this may include the training and mentoring of colleagues.
Quality Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Quality Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold an Engineering Qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng
- Experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA & DFMEA
- Ideally SixSigma qualified with a strong understanding of DMAIC
- Experience with managing and maintaining ISO 9001
- Ideally come from either the Automotive or Aerospace Industry
- Demonstrable experience, knowledge and understanding of fabrication / welding / machining, hydraulics, electrical control systems manufacturing / engineering practices and quality assurance;
- Leadership experience, knowledge and skills in quality management within an Automotive / Aerospace type engineering environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including a good level of presentation skills (verbal & written), but focussed and summarised on a need to know basis where relevant;
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.