30000-40000 Per Annum
about 5 years ago
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Circa £30k plus company car and excellent benefits
A local engineering company who manufacture weighing and calibration equipment for the food industry now requires a Quality Manager to join their team.
Quality Manager - Role and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will hold QMS and Legal Metrology accountability.
As Quality Manager, you will coordinate the activities required to meet company standards and legal requirements.
With a keen focus on compliance, you will contribute to improving the business and demonstrate the company values and behaviors.
The successful candidate should be able to act as an ambassador ensuring that all team members are compliant and meeting operating standards.
Quality Manager - What you'll be doing.
- Ensure that the company complies with all National and European regulations with regard to Type Approvals and verification. Understanding the differences in National Laws
- Be responsible for the NMO accreditations regarding UK re-verification
- Act as trainer, auditor and skills matrix holder for the above. Yearly audit on all Technicians. This will require some travel to them in the field
- Ensure that M1 weight sets are Calibrated to UKAS standards on an Annual basis
- Liaise with National Authorities on matters of Legal Metrology and adviserelevant members of staffon any changes to procedure
- Comply with ISO9001 and the companies rules of operation and ensure the company comply with the QMS
- Responsible for coordinating audits by external bodies and carrying out internal audits.
- Provide training to the relevant employees on Calibration as needed.
- The administration of all relevant service handbooks and staff training records.
- Manage and evaluate customer satisfaction surveys, recording and reporting findings and solutions to the SMT.
- Ensure that Multimeters are calibrated on a 3 year cycle
- Ensure that equipment costs are minimised by effective control of usage and maintenance
Quality Manager - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate MUST come from the manufacturing industry as a Quality Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a HNC, HND or BEng in an engineering related field
- Experience with Calibration or Metrology
- Experience with maintaining ISO 9001
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.