70000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 4 years ago
Location Information - Oxford
Salary £70k DOE
A local manufacturing company is now looking for a Quality Manager to join their team. This role exists to ensure achievement of quality targets and goals while satisfying customer specific requirements. This includes interfacing with customers and suppliers on quality related programme/production deliverables; participation in and the leading of APQP activities both internally and externally, and leading problem resolution and other continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
Quality Manager - Key Accountabilities
- Support the implementation and subsequently maintain systems and procedures to ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and IATF16949 quality system and any project specific quality requirements.
- Lead the implementation of specific, focussed 'Quality Improvement Programmes' to deliver year-on-year QCD improvements, utilising KPI analysis, Pareto, FMEA and other relevant tools and techniques
- In conjunction with Programme Managers, act as quality interface for projects and programmes both internally and with customers
- Supporting the successful implementation and delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for New Product Introduction
- Undertake customer and supplier concern resolution, identifying the root cause(s), initiating and implement corrective actions
- Undertake staff training on quality systems and processes where necessary
- Undertake process audits and devise corrective action plans to address issues identified.
- Approving new products and services in line with Company procedures
- Take part in customer/supplier visits and audits as required
- Analysis and reporting of customer returns/rejections in line with internal KPIs and customer expectation
- Deliver annual objectives set by functional manager
- Undertake other additional duties that may be required from time to time as determined by the company.
Quality Manager - Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum HNC/Degree in Engineering discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience gained in a customer facing tier 1 automotive manufacturer, preferably in a medium/high volume manufacturing business to set the right standard
- Experience of Quality Improvement Programs, Pareto, PFMEA, 5s, 6 Sigma or similar continuous improvement tools
- Experienced in the use of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans).
- Experienced in the use of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive can do attitude
- Ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment
- Candidates must have UK driving license and ability to travel.
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.