28000-35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
2 months ago
Location Information – Milton Keynes
Salary Range £28,000 to £35,000 plus per annum (including bonus and basic overtime levels).
A local manufacturing company is now looking for a Quality Technician to join their team.
Quality Technician - Key Accountabilities
Provide Quality Control support to Manufacturing areas, conduct inspection to control, monitor and ensure build integrity. Collect and process measurement data. Develop/maintain quality control documentation. Facilitate root cause analysis and structured implementation of preventative solutions to quality concerns affecting the production cells, through external supply, internal build, finished product standards adherence and customer issues/support. Responsible for Quality KPI’ s and reporting at Stakeholder meetings.
Quality Technician – Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in engineering / manufacturing practices; Mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and structural fabrication / welding.
- Accredited inspector qualification, e.g. PCN level 1 for welding inspection
- Ability to use measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Computer literate – with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint also Access but not essential.
- Experience, knowledge of the assembly of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
- ONC or equivalent qualification
- Ability to work within a team structure
- Good Organisation Skills.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2008/ 2015)
- Experience of a production manufacturing system (SAP, Visual).
- Knowledge and ability to carry out machine weight test and PDI (Pre delivery inspection of machines) would be an advantage
Working Hours & Salary:
Hours will be 08.00 - 16.30 Monday - Friday (with regular structured overtime available).
- Guaranteed basic starting salary £12.59 x 40 hours plus guaranteed minimum £50 per week bonus - £28,787.20
- Level A - Overtime paid at premium rate of £18.88 per hour (i.e. x 1.5).
- Level B – Overtime paid at premium rate of £25.18 per hour (i.e. x 2.0).
- Plus, additional monthly pay bonuses/incentives aligned to business performance that equate to further payments of £400 to £450 per month on average (for reference only).
- Profit related bonus (for indication only) based on recent average £500 per annum.
- 25 days holiday (increases with service, up to 30 days), plus bank holidays.
- Health cover scheme for dental, optical etc. (Additional Membership available for Partners, paid for by employee. Children’s membership included for free)
- 5% contributory pension
- Life insurance scheme
- Overtime at premium rates
For more information, please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.