23000-26000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
about 2 years ago
Location Information - Milton Keynes
Salary £23 - £26k
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Quality Inspector to join their team.
Quality Inspector - Key Accountabilities
- Inspection and release of production materials and components
- Inspection of in-process and finished goods
- Inspect and measure item for dimensional accuracy
- Assist with the creation and implementation of inspection criteria and procedures
- Interprets and communicates quality philosophies to key personnel in organisation
- Inspection evaluation throughout production cycle
- Internal auditing of Procedures & Products and recommend and implement procedural changes
- Calibration of some measuring equipment
- Support in preparation of items for FAI (First Article Inspection)
- Involvement in the processing of customer returns & internal rejects (using problem solving techniques such 8D, 5 whys, fishbone diagrams etc.)
- Competent use of tools i.e. micrometer; calipers; gauges; shadow graph etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001, EN 9100,
- Knowledge of European medical devise directives would be an advantage (EU 2017/45 & 46 and ISO 13485)
- Knowledge of NADCAP Heat Treating procedures
- FAI & PPAP reports
Quality Inspector - Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant experience in Inspection this may be a Bachelor's degree (B.A./BSc) and one years' experience; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on, detail-oriented team player
- Experience within the Automotive, Aerospace and/or Medical device industry is an advantage
- Must be eligible to work in the UK. Due to this being within the defence industry you must be a UK national or EU citizen.
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.