40000-50000 Per Annum Bonus & Package
0161 976 3540
21 days ago
Quantity Surveyor– Greater Manchester Permanent - £40,000 - £50,000 & Package
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience
About the Company:
My client is a regional construction company that specialise in new build and fit out projects. They currently require experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their outstanding team.
About the Projects:
Projects will be based solely within the North West, predominantly in the Greater Manchester area and range in value from £100,000 - £10,000,000. My client work within the following sectors: Commercial, Retail, Education, Apartments and Healthcare.
Purpose of Role – Quantity Surveyor:
- Compile and negotiate tenders.
- Review commercial processes to ensure that they stay relevant and make recommendations for necessary changes.
- Ensure maximum recovery of all contractual agreements.
- Compile framework agreements.
- Implement commercial process to ensure contractual entitlements are realised.
- Support the operational team in daily commercial and contractual disputes.
- Ensuring proper contractual administration of contract/project assigned, including value & cost control and maintenance of contemporaneous records.
- Accurately value works undertaken and where necessary provide records to substantiate cost to allow prompt issue of application for payment in line with contractual timescales.
- Ensure that change control process is managed effectively including production of early warnings/variations maximising entitlement.
- Preparation of final accounts in relation to projects/contracts assigned, working with operational teams to confirm understanding of financial position, proactively instilling commercial awareness throughout the wider company.
- Managing sub-contractor accounts including negotiating subcontract terms and raising sub-contractor orders.
- Compensation event management – entitlement, valuation and submission.
- Procurement support
Candidate Requirements – Quantity Surveyor:
The ideal Quantity Surveyor MUST hold a Quantity Surveying Degree and have experience in variety of tenders, new build projects and have worked on projects up to £10,000,000. The Quantity Surveyor will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor and have contactable references. You will need to have an excellent understanding of managing budgets for large construction projects and have extensive client relationship management abilities.
Desirable – Quantity Surveyor:
The ideal candidate will be RICS qualified and have experience in negotiated, open, framework, single stage, second stage and public procurement tenders.
Aside from joining a company with an outstanding reputation my client can offer a clear progression path onto Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Management and an excellent bonus scheme is available.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.