40000-50000 Per Annum
10 months ago
About the Company:
My client is a regional construction company that specialise in new build and fit out projects. They currently require experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their outstanding team.
About the Projects:
Projects will be based solely within the Midlands region, predominantly in the Lincolnshire area and range in value from £100,000 - £10,000,000. My client work within the following sectors: Commercial, Retail, Education, Apartments and Healthcare.
Purpose of Role – Estimator:
- Finding out what the client wants.
- Researching materials, equipment, and labour costs.
- Gathering quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Assessing the levels of risk on a project.
- Analysing company data, exchange rates and prices using software packages.
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
- Helping with bids for new contracts and supporting buying activities.
- Monitoring the stages of a project to make sure that costs are kept in line with forecasts.
·raising sub-contractor orders.
·Compensation event management – entitlement, valuation and submission.
Candidate Requirements – Quantity Surveyor:
The ideal Quantity Surveyor MUST hold a Quantity Surveying Degree and have experience in variety of tenders, new build projects and have worked on projects up to £10,000,000. The Quantity Surveyor will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor and have contactable references. You will need to have an excellent understanding of managing budgets for large construction projects and have extensive client relationship management abilities.
Desirable – Quantity Surveyor:
The ideal candidate will be RICS qualified and have experience in negotiated, open, framework, single stage, second stage and public procurement tenders.
Aside from joining a company with an outstanding reputation my client can offer a clear progression path onto Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Management and an excellent bonus scheme is available.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.