42000-50000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
1 day ago
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mon -Fri, 8-5
Senior Mechanical Engineer– Overview
A manufacturing company are now looking for an Senior Mechanical Engineer
to join their team.
Senior Mechanical Engineer – Responsibility
- Managing end-to-end projects with technical leadership of up to 4 engineers, working on components and systems under your responsibility
- Produce complete magnetic shielding solutions for customers worldwide
- Client/sales team liaison to identify design requirements
- Preparation of component and assembly designs, 2D detailed engineering/manufacturing drawings with BOM’s and other associated technical documentation, with additional input from R&D, analytical study and engineering judgement
- Lead design reviews for components and systems under your management, including PDR, CDR, PPR and compiling minutes and actions
- Managing, tracking and reporting team progress and performance to senior management
- Preparation of design release documentation including supporting evidence such as theoretical calculations and simulations
- Produce standard operating procedures to detail manufacturing and assembly methods
- Produce technical documents, reports and presentations for internal and external use
Senior Mechanical Engineer- job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health and Safety Advisor. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a relevant engineering degree in the field of mechanical/design engineering
- Ability to lead large, high value projects, co-ordinating and prioritising multiple work streams with a proven record of delivering on time and in budget
- Strong experience using 3D CAD software (Ideally Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks)
- Perform complex theoretical calculations and simulations
- Design, develop and manage large, complex assemblies optimised for manufacture and assembly
- Full lifecycle design experience – concept design, CAD modelling, FMEA, detailed engineering drawings, DFMA as well as maintenance and design improvement considerations
- Experienced in reviewing and approving designs and drawings for release
- Experience of change management in the form of PR, ECR and ECN management
- Experience of tolerance analysis including manufactured parts and assembly tolerance stack up
- Lean manufacturing experience i.e.: 5S or Six Sigma
For more information please call Sam Arnold on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.