Senior Quality Engineer
35000-38000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 4 years ago
Senior Quality Engineer
Location Information - Bedford
Salary Circa £35k - £38k DOE
A local manufacturer is now looking for an experienced Senior Quality Engineer who is enthusiastic and energetic who can support the existing Management Team
Senior Quality Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Provide project management for the qualification of new products to meet all appropriate company and EU requirements. Partner with our EMEA distributors and business units to ensure the company product they market meet these requirements.
- Work closely with external test houses to ensure product safety compliance.
- Identify and ensure compliance with relevant quality standards for our EMEA markets. Partner with the EMEA management team to understand our strategy and develop our capability of meeting these requirements, particularly in designated growth markets.
- Provide oversight and direction to our suppliers regarding requirements and expectations for products being sold in EMEA markets
- Build the capability of the Global Quality Team by sharing best practices and expanding our internal understanding of EMEA quality requirements. Be an internal advocate for the needs of the EMEA business.
- Reviewing customer/consumer feedback and using this to inform quality processes and decisions.
- Model the company's desired culture and leadership competencies.
Senior Quality Engineer - Person Specification
The ideal candidate must come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Senior Quality Engineer. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
* Bachelor's degree in a Chemistry/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
* 3+ years Quality Assurance experience in a global business, preferably consumer or children's' products.
* Knowledgeable regarding QA test methods, particularly EU requirements e.g.EN-71, BS7272
* Ability and willingness to work effectively across cultures and time zones; strong collaboration and communication skills to partner with cross-functional team members.
* Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
* Ability to travel internationally 10-20%
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.