35000-40000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
over 1 year ago
Location Information - Birmingham
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Shift Engineer to join their team. The shift structure is based on working a four-shift system of 8 or 12 standard hours per day, covering 19 days in each period of 28 days.
Monday to Friday inclusive
Morning shift = 06.00am - 14.00pm
Afternoon shift = 14.00pm - 22.00pm
Night shift = 22.00pm - 06.00am
Saturday & Sunday
Morning shift= 06.00am - 6.00pm
Night shift= 6.00pm - 06.00am
Shift Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Carry out reactive breakdown repairs and adhere to the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Responsible for the fault diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of plant and equipment types such as melting furnaces, automatic optical emission spectrometers, rolling mills, slitters, slitter heads, vacuum roll breaking system and robotic arms, steam systems, piping systems, conveyors, PLC's, boilers, water pumps, electric motors, contactors, relays, switches, sensors, solenoids, distribution boards, inverters and temperature control.
- Ensure all production machinery/equipment is achieving maximum efficiency.
- Extensive Fault-finding experience of process controls, test, repair and install new machinery components when required.
- Ensure that high volume production equipment is running effectively at all times.
- Respond to reactive machine breakdowns.
- Adhere to a preventative planned maintenance programme.
Shift Engineer - Person Specification
- Time served Electrical Engineer with experience of working within a manufacturing plant is essential.
- Must hold a relevant qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- Some experience of Foundry Systems and hydraulically and pneumatically operated machinery.
- Good Mechanical Knowledge.
- Extensive background on manufacturing fault diagnosis, repair to industrial three phase electrical systems including motor starters, inverters and modern control systems.
- Sound communicator with strong problem-solving skills plus the ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work to their own initiative as well as possessing a good attitude to teamwork.
- Remain calm under pressure.
- You will be self-motivated and innovative in approach, capable of working within a proactive team as well as unsupervised and be committed to Planned Preventative Maintenance and the highest standards of Health & Safety.
- Able to prioritise workload as issued by maintenance planning as well as unplanned works.
- Good organisational skills.
For more information please call Emily Jackson on 0161 976 3540
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.