45000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
12 months ago
Site & Production Manager
Due to growth of the business my client is looking for a Site & Production Manager to join their team. They are the market leader in providing innovative farm animal bedding products and solutions. A key aspect to the position is to manage and maintain the 1.2 MegaWatt Biomass Boiler & 60ft New EcoTech Renewable Energy Dryer and expand production of dairy cow bedding.
Site & Production Manager - Responsibilities would include:
- To manage production with key focus on plant running hours
- To ensure all machinery is fully maintained to the highest standard
- To keep lost production time to a minimum to improve bedding cost/tonne
- To develop new maintenance and optimisation strategies to assist cost/tonne and reduce machine downtime.
- Oversee training and development of staff including regular 1: 1 meetings
- To continuously improve plant/site operational efficiency by implementing better processes and systems
- To ensure all relevant paperwork / spreadsheets are kept up to date to provide the basis for weekly walk-around with MD. Also ensuring high visibility of operational performance (e.g. whiteboard recording – planned maintenance, issues, training, downtime, successes, ideas).
- *Bonus will be linked to Productivity, Plant Improvement, team efficiencies and profitability of the plant.
- Responsible for plant efficiency. Getting quickly up to speed with the management of the Binder 1.2 MW Biomass Boiler & NewEcotech Dryer and ensuring timely deliveries of raw materials to assist efficient running of the plant.
- Responsible for all machinery on site, along with required servicing schedule & ongoing record keeping e.g., boiler, dryer, JCB, Forklift, bagging machine etc. Develop a long-term maintenance strategy including planned maintenance procedures (PMP).
- Implement appropriate processes and production best practices across the plant to achieve maximum efficiency of running hours.
- Planning and building strategies to minimise unplanned downtime/shutdowns.
- Manage external contractors required for maintenance & breakdowns.
- Ensure production for high quality cattle bedding on time for orders (Plant annual production capacity approx. 10,000 tonnes).
- Manage shift system to maximise staff efficiency and production output (production team of 5 + external contractors). Review whether 24 hour working is required. Maintain stock control processes for raw materials and finished stocks for inclusion on Weekly Production Report.
- Manage raw materials in relation to production requirements and EA permit.
- Effectively communicate with the wider company to report on bedding stock levels, transport availability and product range and quality.
- Manage Health and Safety on site and Safe Systems of Work.
Site & Production Manager – Person Requirements:
- Previous experience managing teams that work on a shift pattern.
- This is a hands-on role, we are looking for someone who is a leader, team player, practical, hardworking and trustworthy.
- Needs to maintain and develop good working relationships with the local community.
- Team Management: 2 years (required)
- Site Management: 2 years (preferred)