35000 Per Annum
0161 976 3540
9 months ago
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: Circa £35k
Required to attend discovery calls supporting Sales Managers, to draft and deliver presentations, demonstrating the features of company products, and create customized solutions for the client.
To ensure success as a Solutions Engineer, you should have in-depth knowledge of AC and DC Power Conversion Products, Generators, Cooling, Busway DCIM/BMS software systems, a passion for sales, and high-level communications skills.
Solutions Engineer - Job Role:
- Reviewing customer RFQ/RFIs and create product requirement.
- Conducting client discovery calls with sales managers.
- Meeting with clients to discuss their hardware technical requirements.
- Drafting and delivering presentations on targeted products and projects.
- Designing customised solutions for the customer.
- Manage the creation of all system costs, documentation and drawings
- Preparation and submission of quotations
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
- Manage Engineering projects, interfacing between customer and corporate engineering and solutions departments, ensuring compliance with Eltek and Delta Engineering Procedures and design guidelines
- Effective communication of project expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Reporting regularly on progress to the client, sales account manager and to senior managers.
- Identification of innovative opportunities for cost and efficiency savings throughout project process.
- Strategising with the sales team to create standard and bespoke solutions.
- Supporting the sales team with all technical related queries.
- Assist other department engineers in creating proposed solutions and presenting them to other members of the team.
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives.
- Creating Container and Pod designs for a complete customer solutions.
Solutions Engineer – Person Requirements:
- Degree in related field of engineering and / or other professional related qualification and field experience
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the technical requirements of the Telecoms and Data Centre Industries
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio
- CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) and SAP
- Sales experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Commercially minded and the ability to build and develop customer relationships
- Strong team player with the ability to influence other departments
- Self-motivated, forward thinking, with a pro-active mind set
- A results driven individual who can show initiative when required
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Can conform to shifting priorities and the ability to react to changing workloads and priorities promptly and efficiently
- Ability to create ‘big-picture’ solutions.
- Ability to present ideas in a clean, user-friendly way.
- Analytical problem-solving capabilities
- Attention to detail
- High-level communication skills.