Competitive Benefit Package
over 3 years ago
Salary: Excellent Salary + Competitive Benefits Package
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Buyer to join one of the UK's most successful sports car manufacturers. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most iconic British motor companies that is both manufacturer and retailer, and they also have a strong presence within amateur motorsport.
This is a new position within the company, and you will be joining a small team of purchasing professionals with UK travel and potentially overseas travel required.
Technical Buyer - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- You will lead a review of the existing supplier base, building on existing relationships and developing new relationships as required.
- Identify potential new suppliers.
- Negotiate all terms and conditions for purchases in line with the procurement strategy.
- Continuously analyse current supplier spend to make sure the business is receiving the best service, at the best spend, and help identify cost reduction strategy.
- Identify and resource end of life products.
- Monitor current suppliers regarding cost, quality and lead times are met.
- Manage the new part process, negotiating best cost, finalising supplier contracts/commitments and expediate engineering samples for sign off for hand off to the production buyer.
- As Technical Buyer you will work closely with the Engineering and Production departments to ensure that continued supply of components is met in order to meet build schedules.
Technical Buyer - Key Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years' experience of buying and negotiation.
- A proven track record of streamlining suppliers and reducing cost.
- If you have a background in Engineering that would be advantageous.
- A keen interest in the Automotive industry.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Driving Licence required.
For more information please call Mike Lucas on 07932647395.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.