30000-60000 Per Annum Package
about 2 months ago
Technical Designer – Birmingham - £30,000 - £60,000 & Package (D.O.E)
My client are an office fit out contractor based in Birmingham that specialise in Cat A & B fit outs throughout the Midlands. They require a Technical Designer to liaise with the Design Team and the Operational Team to produce technical drawings for those on site. Projects typically range in value from £100,000 - £3,000,000. They are open to the experience level of the individual providing they have at least 3 years within D&B fit out as a Technical Designer.
This is an immediate requirement that can interview this week and start straight away.
- Actively contribute to the delivery by the Design Team of an efficient service, in terms of time and cost, to its customer, internal and external, and to the Design Team achieving its targets.
- Undertake measured site surveys as required to validate existing as-built information
- Provide technical guidance to the interior design team on buildability, building regulations and material specifications regulations
- Develop a general arrangement layout drawing into a full back of detailed construction drawings for awarded CAT A & B fit out projects
- Co-ordinate detailed design elements from third parties into construction drawing packs (M&E, bespoke joinery, etc)
- Prepare, submit and manage applications to regulatory bodies where required
- Manage the document control process, ensuring drawing registers are produced, updated and issued to the project team
- Continuously research design innovations, advising the wider team on new design processes, building legislation and technology
- Expert in fit out projects Cat A & Cat B
- Have a strong knowledge of 2D & 3D, AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit
- Currently in a technical position at a D&B company or Architectural practice
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Microsoft 365 Skills (Outlook/Word/Powerpoint/Excel)
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritise and manage multiple projects
- Experience of CAT A & B fit out
- Driving licence essential