35000-40000 Per Annum
over 3 years ago
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Salary: £35k - £40k plus excellent benefits
A local automotive manufacturing company are now looking to recruit for a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join their team.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - SUMMARY
This role requires a comprehensive knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, experience in developing and implementing emergency planning, business continuity as well as experience in driving forward audits/inspections/assessments/health surveillance and investigation reports.
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - Job Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Responsible for Health & Safety procedures, ensuring compliance with all statutory environmental requirements, maintaining and enforcing policy changes including training, monitoring and reporting.
- Responsible for compliance with all Health & Safety requirements through correct inspections, ensuring the Company complies with best practice in all areas of Health & Safety.
- In particular attention to business-critical monitoring and legal compliance, reporting any deviations for corrective or preventative action.
- Provide and communicate accurate and timely H&S data to the management team to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Undertake site audits, inspections and risk assessments.
- Identify areas of risk within the business and develop measures to reduce and control.
- Engage with all levels of the workforce to create and develop a positive H&S culture; including the overseeing of safety wear and other PPE.
- Safeguard the well-being and safety of all staff working amongst or on machinery, working closely with the department managers.
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are appropriately reported and investigated whilst assisting managers in continually improving on safety targets.
- Ensure correct training on manual handling and operation of mechanical handling equipment including Forklift Trucks, Pallet Movers and Overhead Crane.
- Keep sufficient records of the above.
- Ensure necessary care to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Company information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction
Health, Safety and Environmental Manager - job requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the manufacturing industry as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. You will also have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or Equivalent in Occupational Health and Safety
- CMIOSH Member or working towards
- Have a pro-active and hands on approach to health and safety
- Ideally hold an environmental qualification such as IEMA
- Ideally have experience of OHSAS 18001 / ISO 14001
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.