23000-26000 Per Annum
almost 2 years ago
Salary: £23,788 - £25,228 depending on experience.
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Days & Hours: Monday - Thursday 7.30-16.30, Friday 7.30-1230
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Healthcare Scheme, full training given, pathways for progression
Would you like to work for a family run business who manufacture components for a vast array of industrial sectors, producing in the region of 550 million components annually?
Toolroom Machinist - The Role:
The company require a Toolroom Machinist who is flexible and enthusiastic to complement the existing team and play a key role in supporting the business and helping it grow.
You will be a team player with a strong and flexible work ethic, who consistently works to high standards and has over the years developed considerable skills, experience and knowledge in your field.
Toolroom Machinist - Responsibilities:
- Manufacture, maintain and adjust heading tooling and auxiliary tooling for the Auto Rivet department
- Manufacture and maintain auxiliary tooling for in-Line welding & Press shop and Bonding departments
- Repair fixtures, jigs and manufacture and maintain electrodes for the hand assembly department
- Repair and service welding heads and welding equipment for production
- Preventative maintenance on tooling, all aspects of machining and bench fitting i.e. grinding, turning, milling etc.
- Utilisation of precision/optical measuring equipment to manufacture and maintain tooling in order to produce parts to the required tolerances
- To report any purchased item requirements.
- To assess the condition of any production equipment repair or replace items where required
- To provide information to the design department to update existing drawings when modifications are required
- To provide information to the design department for prototype /samples (tooling & auxiliary equipment) so that drawings can be generated and filed for repeatability
- To report current status on all outstanding auxiliary production equipment
- To advise on stock levels of any consumable items
- To report any Sheffield Tool room machinery maintenance requirements.
- To provide support to all engineering departments and advise on manufacturing solutions.
- Problems or requirements regarding auxiliary production tooling and equipment
Toolroom Machinist - Skills and Abilities:
- Reading and understanding of technical drawings
- Able to check and measure own work
- Competence in the use of toolroom practices and machinery i.e. turning, milling, drilling, surface grinding.
- Organised, self-motivated and self-managing
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to work effectively as a member of a team
- Observe Health & Safety regulations at all times and maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Innovative and analytical
Toolroom Machinist - Screening questions:
- Do you have experience with Precision Machinery?
- Do you have experience in Bench fitting?
- Can you read Engineering Drawing?
- Do you have the Right to Work in UK?
For more information please call Paul Gorton on 0161 976 3540.
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update.